It’s been a while since I made a makeup review due to my busy schedule as I belong to working class and have to attend wifey duties 🙂 and of course makeup ban.
Now that I am at the time of the year in buying new makeup, I am trying the local ones. I am a bit makeup snob and anti-fake! (Please, not the makeup) Once, I found the local products that compliments my skin, then I’ll try the high ends that is totally worth it.
If you’ll ask me why I opt for high end makeup brands? because they usually deliver. Highly pigmented, good texture, good smell, nice packaging and long lasting. Mostly doesn’t need to applied with damp makeup brush which local makeup normally instruct! yay.
Without further ado here’s the review:
- Mineral Lip Gloss in Island Berry
- Human Nature claims to be a natural & organic, Philippine-grown and chemical-free products. They are very famous local product that gracing our country right now.
- As for my first set, I bought several items and that includes this lip gloss. I am not a lip gloss person but nowadays, I appreciate it but not for everyday use. Island berry compliments my skin color (yellow undertone) and it doesn’t make my teeth look yellowish (Be warned with lippie colors, one should not give you that aura!).
- Goes well with or without lipstick
- Doesn’t draw white line inside my lips
- Not too glossy that will make you look like you just ate lechon
- Good for everyday use
- No parabens, silicons, FD&C lake dyes, glycols, mineral oil or other toxic substance (sabeh!)
- I have to re- apply after 4 hours
This is the best local blush to date! (yipeee) In fact, I am planning to collect all of ’em. This one is the darkest and also good for sculpting (based on my skin color: yellow undertone)
- Compliments my yellow undertone skin
- last for 6-8 hours without re-applying
- No harmful chemicals (sabeh)
- Highly pigmented for local brand
- Goes well with powder foundation (using MAC & in2it)
- I am not quiet sure if how soon will this break into parts? you know? pag madalas gamitin mabilis mag crack lalo na pag paubos na. My high end brands of blush like Benefit and Nars ay super tipid! hangang sa gilid gilid intact pa din 🙂
Human Nature Mineral Eyeshadow failed me 😦 I am sorry to tell. Maybe it’s because of my skin type.
- The packaging has a suggested diagram on how to apply it
- Good for everyday use
- No harmful chemicals (sabeh!)
note: I have oily acidic eyelids
- Needs to apply with damp eye shadow applicator
- Not highly pigmented so, you need generous amount
- It fades after 2 hours
- Doesn’t blend well
I bought all of this with a legit reseller at my work that has a discounted price! (winner)
Lip gloss: Php 175.00 (retails at 200+)
Blush: Php 175.00 (retails at 200+)
Mineral eyeshadow: Php 225.00 (retails at 200+)
I am not sure if this is a regular price through resellers or it changes every month, but still it’s affordable considering the packaging and quality. The nearest Human Nature store in my place is at Trinoma (Beauty Bar) yehey!
If I am going to buy some Human Nature makeup products again, it will be the Blush! I am going to try their lipstick perhaps in a week or two! Stay tuned 🙂
For more details:
Official Website: http://www.humanheartnature.com/